Wednesday 9 September 2009

Ten of Clubs - Eyes

The topic here was "eyes" and what came to mind for me was this slightly odd theme...
Journal reads: "When I was little, and even a good time into my grown-up life, I was afraid of the dark. Always, I could feel “things” present in the room, and eyes staring at me from the dark. My mother told me that this started after I’d been to the local funfair with my Dad and he had taken me on a Haunted House ride. Whether that’s true or whether the two things were connected I do not know, but I could often be seen late at night sitting up in my pyjamas, tired and bleary-eyed, or falling asleep in my favourite red “cocktail chair” with Mum and Nan watching telly. Photo Oct 1966"

Paper from an old Halloween kit; peel-offs from Craft Creations; and an assortment of wiggly eyes saved from old greeting cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment