Tuesday 14 July 2009

Five of Clubs - Children say the darndest things

Back journal reads: "I cannot come up with any Petra-isms as my mother can’t remember any, other than my being unable to pronounce an “r”, therefore calling myself “Peta”! What I heard most in terms of my early vocalisation was that I didn’t want to speak at all, not even mama, papa or dada. I hardly made any noise apart from laughing or crying, and tried to communicate with expressions and gestures (I’m still fond of silences!), until I was fully two years old, when I would suddenly say whole sentences. My Mum has always proudly told me that the first thing I ever said was “Peta want dada” (well, the German equivalent). She also admitted that she was rather anxious because all other babies my age were saying words! Photo Oct 1966"

Piece of paper marbled in a class long ago; peel-offs from Craft Creations; duck button from Dress It Up; Provocraft Etcetera Jemz sticker; and paper clip from a Scrapmuse kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment