Tuesday 14 July 2009

Nine of Diamonds - Home

Home...where your feet may leave, but not your heart. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
Back journal reads: "Unfortunately, I have never felt like this about my home! This may have been due to the fact that our family was split apart when my parents separated. Mother and I then lived with my gran but I considered both our place and my father’s my home. Maybe because of that neither was quite “it”. It may also have to do with the fact that we lived on an estate, which was neither nice nor pretty – you can see it in the background of the photo. Photo 1968"

Paper was a leftover from the Wiggly Woods "Celebrations" kit and the ephemerals are cut out from a K&Co ephemerals page; plus mini key from 7Gypsies, and I seem to remember the lock being part of a Club Scrap kit...
The crest is that of my hometown Worms - it used to be one of many dangling from my favourite bracelet when I was a child - I would collect the little crests wherever we went for a holiday or day trip...
The quote was part of the weekly challenge and had to appear on the front of the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment