Wednesday 20 May 2009

Seven of Diamonds - Love


I came a bit unstuck on the theme of love in my childhood - there are lots of interpretations I could have chosen but found it difficult to contain them in a few lines of journal, and they did not suit the aim of this project for me to explore the "moments and little events" that would pop up in my memory when thinking about a theme or looking through photographs... So I chose to interpret this theme as "something I really loved":

Clip journal reads:""One thing I have always loved, and still do, is fancy dress. Whether it was dressing up in out-of-fashion gear of my Mum’s or Nan’s, which they kept in an old suitcase under the bed for that purpose, complete with hats, shoes and jewellery, or best of all, at the annual Carnival didn’t matter.
The photo was taken at a “Kräbbelkaffee” in 1970 – the children’s fancy dress parties that were on during the carnival season. I think Mum enjoyed coming mostly for the “kräbbels”."

The background paper is CS "Key to my Heart" (I have lots of leftover bits from the 8 1/2 x 11" lock+key paper as I used them for our blessing invites); plus Pebbles Real Life labels; Metal Rimmed Stickers "Made in Canada" and EK Success Disney 3D stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment