Wednesday 20 May 2009

Ace of Clubs - Ribbon and Napkin


This was a topic I really wanted to include in my childhood DOA, so having a "theme without a topic" was quite suitable, and you ladies really inspired me to do "something else" with the napkin. Therefore I used the little "Barn Red" Memories ink pad that must have been with a CS JR kit at some time (because they are the only inkpads I have!) and altered a faintly yellow napkin of the cheap "rough" type, to bring out the pattern in the paper and make it look more like the roses in the picture. I think it worked quite well...


Clip journal reads: "One of the highlights of the year for me as a child, something that I really remember strongly, was the annual Corpus Christi celebration – just at the beginning of summer when the days were ALWAYS sunny and warm. All the catholic churches would parade their monstrances through the streets, where people had laid out “altars” made of flowers. The processions would stop at each to sing favourite hymns and pray, and then move on. And all the small girls were “flower girls”: strewing petals in front of the priest and the monstrance. I loved it!
Photo taken 1968 after the procession."

I also used Making Memories ribbon (because it matched the colour of my dress), Making Memories brads, Craft Creations alpha peeloffs, and a doll's house cross charm. The background paper is handmade embossed with flowers (it's really beautiful paper that I've had for ages and this inspired me to cut into it - it's a shame you can't really see much of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment