Wednesday 29 April 2009

Two of Hearts - Childhood

This is another blog I created to follow up my artwork for a challenge on an Internet crafters' forum. It is called a Deck of Art and basically requires participants to alter the back sides of a deck of cards following weekly themes on particular cards. The first week suggested "Childhood" on the two of hearts, and it was this theme that gave me the idea of doing something similar yet different: a mini scrapbook to explore my childhood. I will alter the card backs according to the theme and will journal what this theme brings to mind with regards to my childhood. This should be an interesting exercise because I don't remember all that much, or at least I don't think I do, yet when I ponder a while things do come to mind... The journals will be clipped to the suit side of the cards with decorative paper clips. So here is the first one:

The journal reads: "This is a Deck of Art, completed as part of a group challenge. The first topic has inspired me to take part in this, making it an unusual mini scrapbook to explore my childhood of which I cannot easily remember much. It is a mystical time of Christmas trees and blown-out Easter eggs, of cinnamon rolls and pea soup with bacon, of piano music and bows in my hair, of carnivals and Backfischfest…but let’s see what else a bit of prompted thought might discover…"

The photo is Mum in 1932, the stickers are from Club Scap "Time & Space" and the teddy 3D is from Laura Ashley stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment